It is a statutory requirement under Health and Safety Legislation
Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998 state that: “A technically competent person should carry out inspections at intervals of not more than 12 months. A written report should be submitted to the PRRS with observations and proposals for any action necessary”
To help ensure a safer working environment
Any racking damage that has not been seen or dealt with could lead to safety issues. In worst case scenarios pallet racking damage/collapses can cause injuries or worse to any individual. Pallet Racking collapses occur every week in the UK, therefore it is important not to put a workforces safety at risk.
To see a reduction in your insurance premiums
A reduction in your insurance premiums will come from being able to present a certificate stating that the Pallet Racking is safe therefore reducing the risk of injuries to a workforce.
When do I need a Pallet Racking Inspection?
In order to ensure that you are compliant with Health and Safety Regulations you should have your racking inspected:
- Annually by a technically competent person as a minimum, you may require more regular inspections dependent upon the level of damage identified.
- Following any significant changes to your warehouse layout or warehouse system.
- Within 4 to 6 months of any new installation.
Choose CAM to manage your pallet racking inspections
- A thorough inspection of your storage system by one of our experienced inspectors.
- Notification of areas which require an emergency off-loads before we leave your site.
- A full written report with any observations and necessary additional works highlighted using the traffic light risk system.
- An estimate for supply, delivery and labour on any remedial repairs.
- Advanced notification of when your next inspection is due.
Subscribe to our latest newsletter
Subscribe now to receive the latest offers, stock updates, exclusive product releases, and company news directly to your inbox.