The most efficient and cost-effective battery choice for your applications.
As the TCM dealer for Yorkshire, CAM Fork Lift Trucks Ltd are committed to helping you find the most efficient and cost-effective battery choice for your operations.
With electrification a common topic of discussion and at the forefront of operations managers’ minds, lithium-ion battery technology continues to colour the material handling industry.
Lithium-Ion batteries are a type of rechargeable battery featuring high energy density. With no memory effect, it means the batteries don’t need to be fully discharged before re-charging, allowing the operator to opportunity charge giving them more flexibility.
Lithium-Ion popularity is growing in the material handling industry for battery-powered electric vehicles including counterbalance forklifts and warehousing equipment. Compared to your standard battery alternatives such as lead acid, Lithium-Ion batteries are more energy-efficient and they don’t produce harmful emissions.
TCM uses Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (NMC) chemistry, since it offers optimum performance, lifetime and safety levels for forklift trucks, as well as in the EV industry.
Why choose Lithium-Ion?
Li-ion batteries boast numerous benefits for businesses that choose to adopt them, including:
- They use 30% less energy, contributing towards a lower TCO (total cost of operation)
- They’re quick to charge and can also be opportunity-charged, improving efficiency
- Lithium-ion has a longer battery life than other battery alternatives (such as lead-acid)
- You don’t need to change batteries mid-shift, increasing productivity
- They don’t require maintenance or gassing
- They don’t produce harmful emissions
Lithium-ion battery cost
Li-ion batteries have a higher acquisition cost than alternatives such as lead-acid. However, as Li-ion batteries are more energy-efficient, your business can, in fact, make considerable savings in the long run.