Are you leaving school or college and looking to start an Apprenticeship with a growing Company in a rewarding industry?
Brief overview of the role
As an apprentice with us you will be trained to be competent to carry out regular servicing, preventative maintenance and repairs on all trucks, to a high standard, working in an efficient manner, in our Sheffield based workshop.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 0800 to 1630 hours (half-hour lunch)
Hourly Rate: Above minimum wage with annual increases upon successful completion of training modules
Expected Duration of Apprenticeship: 3 years
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship standard: Lift Truck and Powered Access Engineering Technician
The apprentice Vehicle Maintenance Technician will be trained to be responsible for the maintenance and repair of both customer-owned equipment and CAM’s extensive hire fleet. Our product range comprises LPG, Diesel and Electric powered machines from 1 tons to 10 tons. We also supply specialist and floor care equipment.
From time to time, the apprentice will work with their assigned mentor at customer premises.
The key duties
- Working as part of a team establishing relationships with all work colleagues, trainers and customers, to ensure a safe and productive working environment.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Assist in the regular servicing, preventative maintenance and repairs on all trucks.
- Fault finding and inspections.
- Assist your mentor in any tasks or duties that are required.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post.
- To observe and comply with all policies and procedures, such as health and safety at work and continually encourage customer care.
- To complete all tasks including written work within the timescales provided.
Requirements and prospects
The ideal candidate will have a good problem solving ability, be willing to work as part of a team as well as using their own
initiative and be flexible and adaptable.
You will need to be honest, enthusiastic and motivated and have a keen interest in this area.
Maths & English at Grade C/Level 4 or above.
For the right candidate there will be the opportunity for progression and a career within the organisation.
Things to consider
You will need to help out with basic housekeeping duties.
Training provider: F-TEC Forklift Training Engineering Centre Ltd
Training to be provided:
As an Apprentice you will work towards achieving a nationally recognised apprenticeship in Lift Truck and Powered Access Engineering Technician. This is a 3-year programme with the possible opportunity for a permanent role at the end of the Apprenticeship.
The training aspect will comprise of on-and-off-the-job training managed by F-TEC Limited (Forklift Engineering Training Centre). The off-the-job training will be held at the F-TEC training centre which you will attend 5 weeks per year, staying overnight from Sunday to Friday. Whilst staying away all your travel, accommodation and food expenses will be paid.
Functional skills if needed.
To apply: Please email email@example.com with your CV and an explanation of what interests you about this particular apprenticeship.
Subscribe to our latest newsletter
Subscribe now to receive the latest offers, stock updates, exclusive product releases, and company news directly to your inbox.